Hereford Canoe Hire Covid-19 Policy
In line with the COVID-19 government guidance on the latest National lockdown, our canoe hire operations are currently suspended.
We are still here getting ready to welcome you back for the 2021 season.
In the meantime, have a look through our website, where you can now check live availability and book online or get in touch if you need any help.
As soon as guidelines allow, we will welcome customers back on to the River, taking all possible steps to mitigate the risks associated with our activities. Since re-commencing operation in July of 2020 the following measures have been introduced to mitigate the risk presented by the presence of Covid-19:
- We have limited the number and size of our bookings to reflect current guidelines.
- Group sizes are managed by the ever-evolving restrictions issued by the government in line with the tier our area is in.
- Anyone showing Covid-19 symptoms must follow guidelines and STAY AT HOME.
- Staff wear masks/shields whilst interacting with customers and sanitize their hands regularly and following any exposure to equipment that others have interacted with.
- We ask that customers also wear masks/shields during check-in and briefings and sanitize their hands regularly and following any exposure to equipment that others have interacted with.
- We use the ample space available at our operating bases at Tresseck and Lucksall to keep groups separated and socially distanced during the check-in, briefing process and launch/landing.
- In low season Canoes and related hire equipment is rinsed down and rotated on a 5 day cycle. In high season, all equipment is rinsed down and sanitized between every trip.
- Customers are transported to start and pick-up points by minibus, which are cleaned daily and sanitized between journeys. We have temporarily limited the capacity on our minibuses so that there is sufficient space for groups to socially distance. All customers MUST wear face masks in the minibus.
- We ask that you convene at the meeting point (Tresseck Campsite) 15 minutes before your allotted departure time to minimise crossover with other groups. Please do your best to not arrive early or late.
- Due to the uncertainty of the current times, we have amended our terms and conditions to enable customers to change, move or postpone booking up to 24hrs prior to your trip with no penalties.